iFive Alliances

Your Revenue Driver

Views: 21

Replies to This Discussion

2016 Will Good, Cheap & Easy Win the Day?

Certainly this has already proven true with learning. Good enough, free and online seems to be what we seek (hence Google, Wikipedia, You-tube) - unless the stakes are high. What recourse do I have if I learned something from one or these sources, applied it - and did not get the results I wanted?

In the 20th century - we used the expression - "Quality, Inexpensive and Quick - pick any two!" The inference was that we could not have it "all." If we wanted inexpensive quality we would have to wait. If we wanted quality quickly - it would be expensive and if we wanted inexpensive quickly  - it would lack quality.

In the 21st century - we can have it all (thanks mostly to technology, a "free" mindset" and multi-sided markets.)

If healthcare takes us further down this path - will learning be quick to follow? Or - is learning already there?

2015 No More Unread Books

Yes - I agree - except - more books beget more books and more data begets more data and for years we have known that "figures don't lie but liars figure" and "If the data does not prove your point - get more data."

We are headed towards a modeling and simulation era where computer models will assimilate all the data more quickly and with less bias than humans. We have seen this already in professional football where software will simulate a game 10,000 times (varying the data each time) and predicting the winner as effectively as experts. The experts always have a bias and even the best ones take about 40 years to create and then they die within 40-50 years!

Task automation (IoT) will have huge impact to healthcare and learning. While we wait for it - we can read books and analyze data but the real solution is likely to be software (yes - the beast that "ate the world.")

2017 The Market Impact of The New Medicaid Addiction Treatment Benefits

Civilization does not occur easily. I want to believe that the process that creates rules has the potential to be fair and effective - and yet - even when that is true - there is the risk of becoming obsolete and the risk of creating unintentional "loopholes."

If a patient does not heal effectively - who is responsible for addressing the healing until it occurs effectively?

If an employee or "learner" is unable to learn effectively - who is responsible for the outcome?

2018 Google Suspends Addiction Treatment Ads - How Do You Compete On An ...

"...lead selling, misrepresenting services of information, and inappropriately using consumers in promotions as unethical practices..."

How does our industry treat these practices? Are you OK with that? How could it be prevented if you were not OK with it?

2019 North Carolina Medicaid Selects Five Health Plans - One Regional &a...

What would choice look like in public education? Could a resident be offered a choice of schools for their children to attend?

What would choice look like in workplace learning? Could an employee be offered a choice of how they would learn to perform their job better?

RSS

© 2019   Created by Paul Terlemezian.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service